Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hello- ombre style!

I feel like I'm going to back to my clean and graphic roots with this one today! I love ALL styles of cardmaking but my eyes are always drawn to clean and graphic cards and that's where I feel most comfortable creating.  That fabulous Glass Effects die by Spellbinders paired with ombre shades of teal is a perfect combination for clean and graphic fun.

 (How many times can I say clean and graphic?!)


There might have been easier and faster ways to get the look I have here.  For me though, the time consuming process of piecing each colour into place was relaxing. I'm crazy like that. I covered a piece of cardstock with a sheet of Be Creative tape and ran it through my Big Shot with the die. The adhesive covered paper is thick enough it cuts through the top layer but leaves the sticky layer showing. After running three colours of cardstock through the Big Shot with the die I removed the adhesive one piece at a time, and stuck the coordinating coloured cardstock in its place. What's left is the white outlines showing, which is nice but still covered in adhesive. Problem solved! Sprinkle glitter over the entire thing. Boom. 
The 'hello' sentiment was cut three times, glued together, and covered in Glossy Accents. 


I'm entering this one in Virginia's View Challenge #15 Ombre/Monochromatic. She always challenges me to think outside my comfort zone with her creative challenges! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is one fabulous Ombre card with a Mosaic look! I love the monochromatic theme with the black sentiment. Your glitter is so pretty in this, too, Marcie! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Ombre/Monochromatic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love this. That coverplate is fantastic and I love the ombre!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!