Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Create Together


This week I'm getting inky with the fabulous Angela Rivera from Angel's Creative World. She's a cardmaking superstar (literally though...she was chosen as one of the 2015 MFT Card Design Superstars!), not to mention a very kind and thoughtful person.  Angel and I have had the pleasure of doing a Google Hangout together, so I've actually SEEN her face "in person" and spoken to her. I want to do that again soon; technology is so awesome. This card of hers made me gasp out loud because it is so gorgeous. She rocks the masculine cards too, which I always find hard.

We dug through our respective stashes to find common stamps we could both use today. I'm not sure why, but this was way harder than I thought it would be! After a few pictures back and forth we settled on creating with Birthday Bears by My Favorite Things. Frankly I was a little intimidated because Angel has rocked that set here and here. :)


Here's my creation! I stamped all the little pieces in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set it. Then I went in with my Distress Inks and painted it up. A few flicks of blue and white ink finish off the main panel. I heat embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock and adhered it with foam tape. Of course...sequins!
I wanted to challenge myself to NOT use the adorable bears in the set. 'Colouring things in' is not my strong suit, so this messy watercolouring style worked perfectly for me. I love how it turned out.

Pop on over to Angel's Creative World and see what she came up with using Birthday Bears. You will be amazed; I'm sure of it!
Thank you SO much Angel for creating with me this week. You're awesome. :)

Have a great day everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I Love how you created the background on this card! So Fun and SO Fab!!! And big hugs and thanks for your sweet words, my friend!!! :-) Thanks for letting me create with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!