Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Ikat thanks

Creating my own backgrounds rather than reaching for designer paper is always fun for me. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE patterned paper...I hoard it. *guilty* What good are pattern-building stamp sets if you don't use them? :) Enter Irresistibly Ikat:

This stamp set from Papertrey Ink is a few years old now and still hasn't received much love from me. I'm not sure why, because it's SO fun to work with. Choosing what ink colours to use was half the fun! I used dye inks- Cornflower Blue, Apricot, Mermaid, Nautical Navy, and Daffodil.  The card is mainly one layer, stamped on a white card base with a glittery embossed die cut sentiment.

What is your favourite pattern-building stamp set?

I used the latest Curtain Call Challenge for my inspiration. The pillow with the ikat print, and the colours in general helped to guide my design.

Thanks for stopping in today, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This looks incredible, Marcie! I love your fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Marcie. What a great take on the photo. Love the Ikat background! Great colors too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!