Saturday, April 8, 2017

Stamping for Autism Awareness Blog Hop



I am so thrilled to be participating in a blog hop today that highlight those special kids in our lives that have autism or are on the autism spectrum. Veronica Zalis and Tenia Nelson are hosting this fabulous hop and all of us joining in today hope that you will educate yourselves about autism, show compassion, and try to include those with autism into your lives through playdates, birthday parties, and more.

Here in Canada there are many sources of information but in particular two excellent resources are Autism Canada and Autism Speaks.


My card today shows off the rainbow spectrum with a variety of inks blended over top of an embossed background. The fun dots are an older red rubber cling background stamp from My Favorite Things. The sentiment from Clear & Simple Stamps was heat embossed in white and I used a white pencil crayon to lightly colour in the bold letters.  It's adhered with foam tape to the colourful panel. Clear sequins are added across the front here and there.

Isn't that a fun card? Thanks so much for hopping along with us today.


7 comments:

  1. So LOVING this super fun card, Miss Lady!!! Thanks so much for joining us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy saturated rainbows...a favorite of mine. So you know your card is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card in great colours, for a super-important cause.
    Warm springgreetings from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcie, your card is beautiful and I think education on Autism is so important! (I myself am learning more about it from this hop so I am grateful for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcie this card is great! I love that colored BG but its the sentiment that really pops! Such a good idea to color the word in lightly with white pencil crayon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background, Marcie! Love the added dots =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous and cheerful card Marcie!!! Definitely made me smile!! :) Glad to be doing this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!